Password Strength Checker
Enter a password in the text box to have the Password Checker help determine its strength as you type.
Here are some tips for creating strong passwords:
- Use 8 characters or more; 14 is ideal.
- Combine both upper and lowercase letters with numbers and symbols such as a period, @, #, and $
- Pick letters from a phrase that’s meaningful to you to create a “pass phrase.” (“Do you know the way to San Jose?” could be D!Y!KtwTSJ?)
- Select a unique password and not one that you are using for some other purpose, such as your PIN at the bank or your password to another system.
- Change your passwords every 72 days or less.
- Avoid sequences or repeated characters like “12345678,” “222222,” “abcdefg.”
- Avoid sending your password over email.
- Test the strength of your passwords with a password checker lke the one above.